Friday, August 17, 2007

And so it begins...

I started out with a blog about doing television promos. That's what I do for a living after all. But I noticed more and more that I was talking about TV instead of talking about making it. So TV Oracle was born.


So where did I get the name Oracle? The TV part is obvious. As for the latter... well I watched The Birds of Prey for an episode or two and thought the name was kind of cool. Very geeky of me, no? Perhaps I should just claim some sort of reference to the Oracle at Delphi. At least my mythology teacher in college will think I paid attention.


So my plan is to use this space... my little plot of land on the web... to chat up my favorite subject - television. You'll find my TV tastes aren't limited to a single, definable category. From The Avengers (the Emma Peel years, of course) to The X-Files and everything in between, TV is my hobby.


With the new fall season finally visible on the horizon, I'll be chatting about returning shows like Heroes, Stargate Atlantis, Grey's Anatomy, Law & Order: SVU, Lost, and Bones. I'll also have plenty to talk about as Bionic Woman, Chuck, The Reaper, Pushing Daisies, Viva Laughlin (this one scares me a little), and Samantha Who? arrive on our airwaves. This TV season makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. Hopefully I won't get too greedy and wind up like one of the brats in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...


My new U-Verse DVR will get a work out, though. 4 shows at once? Bring on a four way tie for my evening's viewing habits... and kiss my social life goodbye...


Tune in tomorrow as the TV talk gets underway. I leave you with a snapshot from Sanctuary. A new online series you've got to check out if you're a fan of sci-fi...




No comments: