Friday, November 9, 2007

The U-Verse...

No. That's not a typo. I'm talking about AT&T's U-verse DVR. You can record up to four shows on it at once. Awesome right?

Yeah. When it actually records. Or when it records and actually lets you watch what it recorded. Even better when the audio isn't completely mangled.

So Tuesday night the damn thing worked (mostly). Wednesday morning... not so much. I couldn't even watch TV AT ALL. All I got was a blue screen that said U-Verse guide... and nothing else. All my recorded programs were MIA. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

I tried everything to get it working to no avail. Thursday morning I unplugged the whole contraption which killed my internet as well. I had painters coming in to do the living room and had to move the entertainment center. After they left last night I plugged it back in. For no reason the freaking thing was working again! I even had my recorded programs back. The stupid thing actually recorded additional shows while it sat in blue screen limbo. Go figure.

So I'm behind on my TV viewing again (thanks AT&T). I do have to weigh in on last Friday's Women's Murder Club and Stargate Atlantis. Both were fun hours of TV. Atlantis featured the best show I'd seen all season. If you liked the movie Memento you would have loved this episode. It rocked. I especially loved watching the three smartest people running around the city together - not knowing that they were the three smartest people in the city. Or that they were even smart for that matter. Women's Murder Club continues to be a blast. This show has one of the best casts on TV when it comes to chemistry. The four leads gel nicely and are believable as friends. I hope this one gets a full season pick up soon.

I haven't seen CSI: Miami in 2 weeks. You can thank AT&T for that one, too. I feel like CSI: NY is having their best season, yet. I haven't watched the crossover with CSI and Without a Trace so don't spoil it for me. That's on tap for the weekend. I have to say that the bit about Wendy being in a slasher flick in last week's episode was cute. I especially like Hodges comment when she mentioned that she had medium sized breasts. "They're perfect," he chimed in. "ly adequate," he finished when everyone stared at him.

I'm also behind on Grey's Anatomy. Last week's episode was a nice return to form, however. I even liked the bit with George and Izzie at the end. "Did you only shave on leg?" I hate these two as a couple but Katherine Heigel really is an awesome actress. Sister show Private Practice continues to improve as well. I think there is hope for both of them.

I'm thinking Bionic Woman is in serious trouble with me. I've wanted to like this show. I've tried to like this show. Honestly, though, I could care less about watching Wednesday's episode. That's not a good sign.

All for now. I'll try to be a more timely poster over the next few weeks. Of course if the writer strike continues we'll be out of new shows before too much longer. Make sure you surf the web to see why these folks are on strike. You would be too if you were in their shoes.

No comments: