Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bones Night!


So tonight is Bones night. I'm looking forward to seeing the latest adventures of Brennan, Booth, and the rest of the gang. I'm enjoying the 3rd season but that's not something I can say for some other shows...

Heroes
I was a huge advocate of the show last season. I was a pest, really, when it came to hounding friends to watch it. Now I'm feeling like maybe I should have kept my yap shut. The first three episodes haven't been bad... they've just been, well, boring. What I liked so much about Heroes over Lost was how quickly they moved the story. We didn't have to wait years for a payoff. Right now there are too many stories being crammed into 44 minutes of the show and as a result I don't give a rat's ass about any of them.

NCIS
I came into this show early last season after only catching pieces of episodes here and there. I loved the team dynamic and banter. The show is far from Shakespeare but it's fun. This season I'm just finding it tedious. I guess the bloom is off the rose for me. I'll give the show tonight to lure me back from the brink, but I'm thinking this one is about to lose its season pass on my DVR.

Law & Order: SVU
Oh how I hate to write that I'm not loving the season so far. The first episode (which I discussed in another entry) was fine. Loving the return of Olivia's short hair. But after last week's episode that's all I'm loving. I don't care for the new detective. All I kept thinking was, "Great. Another detective to work with Benson or Stabler - so long as we don't have to watch Benson and Stabler working together!" The episodes of this series that I love are the ones with Olivia and Elliott at its core. Fin and Munch are fine, and I enjoy Novak and the captain as well - but seriously, the show is getting a little too crowded. I'd like to see a return to basics. We're still pretty early in the season (only two eps but I see a pattern emerging here) so hopefully they'll surprise me and turn things around.

Moving on to other matters... namely some additional pilots I've checked out this season. I finally watched Gossip Girl. I never expected to actually (gasp) enjoy it. I was never a fan of Melrose Place, 90210, The O.C., or any other prime time soap, but I could see myself getting addicted to Gossip Girl. Why do I feel so dirty saying that?

Dirty Sexy Money was interesting. The cast is stellar but I'm not totally sold, yet. But it was good enough to get me to give it a few more tries - which is something I can't say for CBS' Moonlight...

And no, I didn't watch Cavemen or Carpoolers. A girl has to have some standards. I'm mean, c'mon.

I also checked out Reaper at long last. Very, very similar to Chuck. I think I'll only have room for one of these on my schedule. They've got three episodes a piece to help me make my choice.

And finally, I have to say the second episode of Stargate Atlantis was better than the first this season... and that's saying a lot. The show has gone much darker this season - both in look and in tone, and it is way better for it. If you haven't watched drop by on Friday nights at 10 EST on SciFI.

No comments: