Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'll pencil you in ten minutes past a woman is dead!


Well after a fairly disappointing new television season I got my first nice surprise. Women's Murder Club, based on the James Patterson novels, debuted last night. Now I confess to having a girl crush on Angie Harmon. I want to be that tall, that gorgeous, and have a voice that sexy. Unfortunately, I'm blond, 5'5, and I think my voice usually sounds congested...
I'm really surprised ABC banished this one to Fridays. The cast has great chemistry, especially Harmon and Paula Newsome who plays the coroner. The only weak spot for me is Rob Estes as Tom, Lindsey's ex turned boss. It's not that the plot point is bad, I'm just not buying the relationship between them, yet.
There were some great one liners in here - most notably the one that titles today's entry. Harmon has some great comedic chops that she certainly never got to display with any regularity on Law & Order. Every now and then Abby Carmichael got to let loose with zinger or two but Det. Lindsey Boxer has more zippy comebacks and comments in one episode than Carmichael had in whole seasons. Harmon seems to be relishing her role and who can blame her. Lindsay is an actor's dream. I'm especially curious to see if the character will ever go through what she did in the first book. I won't spoil it here but if the show includes it this season it will be huge, and give Harmon even more meat to chew on in this role.
I also give the show props for surprising me several times. I certainly didn't see what happened in the first season coming.
I'm still a hardcore Stargate fan on Friday nights but this show has moved up to the top 5 on my must-see list for next week. Impressive after only one airing. Hope the ratings for the show are good news come Monday.

No comments: