Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Not a one...

Not a single trick-or-treater darkened my door tonight. How sad is that? And after I went to all the trouble of stopping off at CVS Pharmacy to pick up a bag of candy or three. Oh well, more Tootsie Pops for me, I guess. Hmph.

I was so pumped to see the episode of Bones last night that I watched it live (trust me, this is a rarity for any show). All I can say is what a bummer. The costumes were a kick but the story was just lame. Brennan as Wonder Woman, however... that was a sight. And Hodgins made a rather dashing Titanic captain. I normally don't go for bearded guys but I'd make an exception for him. I think it's those pretty, big blue eyes of his.

My U-Verse DVR has been acting up so I haven't seen much lately. It fouled up the signal so badly on SVU last week I couldn't watch it. This week it was CSI: Miami. So far it hasn't wrecked anything I just had to see, but if it does... there will be hell to pay. And probably an expensive service bill from AT&T. Bastards.

And how annoying is it that all the networks are screwing with the actual length of their programs? It seems like all of them are running over by anywhere from thirty seconds to three or four minutes. I have yet to actually see the last shot on Heroes for the last several weeks. And forget about previews to anything.

Okay so I had to take a bit of break from writing tonight's entry. Four fire trucks and an ambulance pulled up right in front of my house. In fact, the ambulance backed into my driveway! I heard the sirens but they didn't sound like they were upfront until I wandered toward my kitchen and saw it lit up like some kind of disco hell. I guess I'll discover what all the fuss was about tomorrow. They stayed about 15 minutes then split without ever even knocking on my door. Weird.

So back to talking about Heroes. Monday's episode was another big yawn. I must confess to praising Jesus, however, when the wonder twins finally got across the freaking border!

No comments: